New Build Development Appraisal
How many units can you fit?
Our Development Appraisal service delivers a comprehensive and meticulous evaluation of a property’s suitability for development. Our focus is on the architectural aspect, particularly in defining the maximum number of units that can be built while being compliant with planning requirements. The appraisal involves a thorough examination of the site, planning regulation, building regulations, materials, and design solutions.
Explore the potential of your development
How it works
Step 01. Book a Development Appraisal
Select your preferred package and get in touch to book your report with us.
Step 02. Kick Off Meeting
Once you book your Development Appraisal, we will invite you to schedule a kick-off meeting with our Architect to confirm your Project Brief, agree the report timeline, and explore some initial ideas for the scheme.
Step 03. Report Production
Our team will produce the report and keep you updated on the progress. See report deliverables here.
What’s included in the report?
The deliverables depend on the type of report you choose. Generally, the Design Appraisal Report includes:
• Site & Context Analysis: This step involves examining the site, including constraints due to the context, proximity to public transport, and road access. It also involves assessing the surrounding area and its potential impact on the development, such as the surrounding architecture.
• Existing Building/s Analysis: This section includes a review of the existing buildings or structures on the site and their suitability for redevelopment or preservation. The insights provided in this section are strictly based on the information available at the time of the report’s production.
• Planning Regulation: This step involves reviewing all relevant planning regulations, including any restrictions or conditions that may impact development, such as conservation areas, flood risk, and listed buildings.
• Materials and Finishes Analysis: This section provides an indication of the most appropriate materials to be used for the development based on the brief and on the planning constraints.
• Sketch Diagrams: This section involves a review of different design options for the development. The number of options depends from the chosen type of report.
• Massing Studies: this section involves the production of a 3d model showing a schematic bird eye view of the development to better understand the size of the proposed scheme and the impact on the land and surroundings.
• Planning Success Rate: the conclusion section provides a summary of the key findings of the report in a table format, including the Planning Success Rate for each of the presented options. Additionally, each design option will have a list of associated potential planning objections to be considered when preparing the scheme for planning.
New Build Development Appraisal
We offer three Development Appraisal packages to provide a service tailored to your needs.
From £ 397 +VAT
- Kick-Off Meeting ( 1 hour )
- Sketch Plan ( 1 Scheme )
- Building Regulation Requirements
- Waste Management Plan
- Bikes Enclosure Plan
Delivered in 12-20 Working Days
From £ 597 +VAT
- Everything In Basic
- Sketch Plan ( Additional Scheme )
- Public Transport Study
- Floor Risk Study
- Listed Building Study
- Conservation Area Study
- Planning Success Rate
- Design Appraisal Review Call ( 1 hour )
Delivered in 12-20 Working Days
Price on application
- Everything in Regular
- Sketch 3D model
- High Level Cost Estimation
- Market Analysis & Comparables
- Rental Evaluation
- Screenshots from Rightmove
- GDV Estimate
- Consultants cost estimation
Delivery subject to project size
"I'm extremely satisfied with the Development Appraisal Report service provided by this WindsorPatania. Their insights on the surrounding area, planning regulations, and site constraints were invaluable in developing 30 units of land in the London area. Highly recommended!"
James— Residential Developer, London
What is a Development Appraisal?
The Development Appraisal generally includes a professional assessment of a property’s potential for development, known as a development appraisal. The purpose of this appraisal is to determine the feasibility of a proposed development scheme by examining various factors, such as planning and building regulations, architectural design and site constraints. For more information on what a development appraisal is, please refer to our blog article.
Why do I need a Development Appraisal?
The Development Appraisal provides valuable information to help developers, investors, and stakeholders make informed decisions about the project’s viability and whether to proceed with the development. It saves time, helps avoid costly mistakes, assists with vendor negotiation, and supports pre-planning applications. Overall, it is an essential tool for anyone looking to develop property.
Is it feasible ( Can you do it )?
When you purchase a property, it’s very important to go into the deal with complete clarity and confidence that you can do the expected conversion and renovation without much complication. This includes getting the required planning permission, or outline planning permission for the development. WindsorPatania will help you understand your likelihood of Planning Success.
Is it viable ( Should you do it )?
Just because you can technically do it, doesn’t mean it’s a good investment decision.
Looking at the masterplan and understanding how many units you can fit in to maximise space, ensure compliance, and tenant comfort is an important part of buying a piece of land. We help you understand potential layout options to achieve your ideal down up value.
How much does a Development Appraisal cost?
We offer three levels of Development Appraisal, depending on the level of support you require. You can find the details of what is included in each package by referring to the relevant section on this page.
How long does a Development Appraisal take?
A Development Appraisal takes around 15 working days to produce depending on complexity. If you need it sooner you can request an expedited report for an extra fee to be agreed with WindsorPatania.
When should I get a Development Appraisal if I am planning to buy some land?
WindsorPatania always recommends getting a Development Appraisal prior to purchasing the land so you can know exactly what you’re buying before actually making the purchase. You can also get it before you make an offer to help with the vendor negotiation process but we recommend mostly doing it on properties that you are seriously considering buying and had an offer accepted.
What if I already own the land?
If you already own the land and have plans to develop it, this report is the perfect document to examine the feasibility and viability of your vision before committing to higher consultant fees.
Do you go on site to do a Development Appraisal?
A Development Appraisal does not include an on-site visit. It is a purely desktop research-based assessment that uses sophisticated tools and is designed to be quick and relatively affordable.
What do I need to start a Development Appraisal?
To begin the process, all you need are the details of the land you are considering purchasing or have already purchased.
How do I book a Development Appraisal?
In order to book a Development Appraisal please submit your project details via clicking on the button below.